How to Install ShareThis’ Share Buttons on Jimdo
Please note that you will need to have a code-editor enabled website, this means you created using the Code-Editor option when setting up your site (not the “No coding-required” option).
In order for ShareThis tools to work on your Jimdo website, follow the steps below to add your unique ShareThis code to the <head> section of your website:
- Log in or Sign up to the ShareThis Platform.
- Select the ShareThis tool you would like to use and activate it by clicking the Enable tool button.
- Then, customize the buttons by selecting your social channels, size, shape, as well as extras such as the minimum number of shares you wish to have before showing counts.
- Select the Activate Code button in the top right corner. In the pop-up, click the Copy code button.
- Log in to your Jimdo account.
- When Editing the Website, select Menu, and in the left navigation bar, select Settings > Edit Head.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from step 4 and click Save.
Adding Inline ShareThis Tools
Inline tools require an extra snippet of code to work on your site. If you would like to install our Inline Share Buttons, Follow Buttons, Reaction Buttons, or Social Feed tools on your website, you will need to add placement code wherever you want the tool to appear.
- In your ShareThis Platform, select the ShareThis tool you want to use and copy the placement code. Depending on the tool you are installing, the code should look similar to this:
- When Editing the Website, select Menu, and in the left navigation bar of your Jimdo website, select Design > Custom Template.
- Paste the unique ShareThis code that you copied from Step 1 wherever you want the ShareThis tool to appear.
- Click Save.
You can also add the placement code to all elements in which you can edit text. Simply click the button </> (Edit HTML) in the corresponding element.
The ShareThis tools may not appear on the backend of your website so you may need to visit your published website in order to view them.